24.7.13

Sylvan,

Thank you for your help. It's been a few weeks now, and while her condition is not improving, she has not died yet, which is, as you know, a miracle considering she's been infested with PTA for so long. I'm taking every precaution with her so I don't communicate the disease outside of her living quarters. I won't gross you out with all the gory details of our current living situation, but it's not pleasant.
As to your questions of my current political standing: You may have known that I was involved with John Smith for a while. And you may know that his name is one that is involved in the current rumors circulating the upper crust of scientists and politicians. Well, he got me involved in a way that I wasn't prepared for--or willing to participate in. Essentially, my only two options were to work for free or get out. I chose to leave. I had no way of knowing that things would get so out of hand that I would literally be on the run. My original plan was to leave for a few months, a year at the most, until everything blew over or John moved somewhere new. I had every intention of continuing my work in the future, but as you can see, that is proving very difficult.
I don't want to get you involved in the way that I am involved with the secrets of the state right now. If I had the choice, I would prefer to be in the dark right now. Many things have changed, and I am sorely unhappy with the result of my life choices. So, until I know exactly how well-trusted you are within the scientific community (ie, how much do you know on your own???) I will regretfully not be able to share any information that  I have gathered from within the government with you. I'm sure that you'll understand. And I recognize that this is a sort of catch-22, considering that I don't know how much you know and you don't know how much I know, so neither of us can, in good conscious, share with one another any important information without a great amount of trust and treason. I'm already in enough trouble for what I may-or-may-not know, so I can't be certain that anyone not currently working at my side isn't trying to peel a confession out of me, which is not going to happen any time soon.
So, Sylvan, that leaves us with only one option if we're going to be discussing anything confidential: You're going to have to tell me what you know first, or else this communication is going to have to cease immediately, for my safety and your own.
Thank you for your support and your help with identifying the creature in my patient. I hope that we can work out an agreement, if not, then it's been a pleasure corresponding with you,
Dahlia Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment